So my sister is getting married in TWO months! Her shower was a few weeks ago and this post is about what I did for the decoration. Paper roses!
And let me tell you, it turned out perfectly. There were a few tutorials online but even with them I still had a little trouble getting it right. But eventually they came together and I was a paper rose machine! I will definitely be saving this craft for other occasions :)
Here is my own tutorial with a play by play picture- hope you enjoy making your own!
1. Here are the tools you'll need: scissors, paper (color of your choosing- I chose white, peach and yellow construction paper) and a hot glue gun
2. Cut squares out of your paper, it really doesn't matter what size they are. Obviously, the bigger the square the bigger the rose. (I was able to get 12 roses out of one sheet, the squares were tiny but the rose ended being the perfect size for what I needed)
3. Cut a spiral out of the square, it doesn't matter how perfect your lines are, in fact if they aren't perfect good! It makes the rose more interesting.
4. This is where I had trouble. The next move is to roll the spiral. It's hard to explain with words so I took a picture of the direction you should roll.
This is the rose all rolled up. When you cut your spiral there should be a little spot in the center that the rose 'anchors' on (the part on my thumb...please excuse the chipping nail polish)
5. Let go of the rose.When I let go because it is so tightly wound the rose should stay fairly rolled up.
6. Put a glob of glue in the center bit and then make sure the center of the flower in pressed into the glue and hold it for a hot minute (literally) to make sure the spiral stays in place.
I ended up making trees with the rose blossoms, but you can do so much more! Wreaths, bouquets, garlands, etc. It's such an easy craft to make and to make your own- enjoy!